Saturday, February 27, 2010

Dancing with Failure


These past few weeks have been interesting for me. I've had the highs of feeling brilliant and the lows of feeling like a failure. There were moments when even at my highest I could sense failure breathing behind me ready to pull me back, a dance partner I was able to spin away from briefly. No matter how much I have accomplished there is always the whisper that I could have done more.

But I've concluded that dancing with failure is not necessarily bad, as long as I am in the lead. If failure leads it can whip me any which way and I am unable to escape, yet by changing my own attitude from the dread of failure to the acceptance of my shortcomings I am able to look failure in the eye and guide it where I want to go.

Failure is not something to fear, rather something to learn from. Money lost can be regained, time wasted can be restored and dreams shattered can be rebuilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment