Monday, March 11, 2013

Waiting on ABNA

The results of the 2nd round of Amazon's Breakthrough Novel Award are going to be posted tomorrow. I don't know what time. It's probably because Amazon likes their servers working overtime when thousands of hopefuls check and reload their accounts every 5 seconds. :P

I'm not sure how I will be doing this. If I should give in to my emotions and check as soon as my eyes open in the morning or to wait. It may be easier to wait until the afternoon before I start checking like an insane person who keeps doing the same thing over and over yet still expects a different result. It's weird to think that someone, somewhere already knows who has made it and who hasn't. After all, it probably takes a good day, if not a week or two, to format all the names and reviews to each correct account/book.

At this moment I've either made it or not. The White Lilac excerpt has already been reviewed, the review has been written and the final result tallied. Only two options are available, either pass or fail. In this instant my book has already passed or not passed and I know not which will be proved true. It is a reality I can do nothing about but wait to see for it to be revealed. Either way I'll post when I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment