Friday, October 2, 2009

For the Love of Books

Current Week's Word Count: 2,569
The White Lilac's Total: 55,588
Favorite Book of the Month: Catching Fire By: Suzanne Collins

This week has been busy for me. I went to the library and came out with twice as many books as I was going allow myself to borrow. It funny how that worked out. I fully intended to be good and only take as many as I thought I could read and this stand alone book caught my attention. Then I saw several new sequels I have been waiting for and, of course, I had to take those too. I love my library, but sometimes they overwhelm me with stories and information and I leave wishing I could read all day and night for years.

I finished Suzanne Collins' new book Catching Fire and now I need to know when the next book is coming out. I need to know what will happen. And which guy will Katnis chose. Can she redeem herself? Can she lead the revolt against the Capitol? I would take a sneak peek or even a title at this point. Sigh.

Instead I must console myself with the other books in my to-read-stack. It's about as fulfilling as eating a carrot when you wanted chocolate or visa versa. Who knows, there may be new books for me to fall in love with and can give me something else to look forward to. Can people die from waiting?

What was the last book you read that you absolutely loved and wished would never end?

No comments:

Post a Comment