Friday, April 19, 2013

The Amazon Ride is over. Or is it...?

The results of the 3rd round of Amazon's Breakthrough Novel Award were released Tuesday. I got online and soon discovered that some people already had their reviews posted. I quickly checked for mine, but it was not up. I also checked for the results every few minutes until they were released. I held my breath as the page loaded and then searched for my name....

It wasn't there. This is it for me. I made it to the top 100 of this year's entries and for my first year, I think it was pretty good! I did get to see my review, even though it took a whole other day to be posted. I wasn't really sure I wanted to see it, but all the fear I had about being torn to shreds was unfounded. The majority of the review was a synopsis of my book with two lines commenting on the reviewer's reaction.

Publisher's Weekly calls The White Lilac an "exciting SF adventure....This fast-paced novel's emphasis on the ethics of genetic experimentation makes it stand out. And...will keep readers reading."

Now if only I could write another just like that! :) Who knows what next year's competition will hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment